Camp Cooking Recipes
Camp Cooking Recipes has some Bush Recipes for your Camping Gas Oven or traditional Camp Fire for your Camp Cooking. If you would like to share any Bush Camping Recipes etc please email us.
Ingredients (Will serve 4)
- 450g (3 cups) self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 80g butter, chilled, cubed
- 185ml (3/4 cup) milk
- Preheat your oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add milk to the flour mixture and use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until the mixture just comes together. Add 1-2 tbs extra milk if the mixture is a little dry. Use your hands to bring the mixture together.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Shape into an 18cm disc and place on your tray. Use a sharp knife that has been dipped in flour to mark 8 wedges on top. Dust the damper with a little extra flour. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the damper is cooked through and sounds hollow when tapped on the base. Transfer to a wire rack for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Serve warm with butter and jam.